Outrun. Outgun. Outlast.
|Head 'em up, move 'em out ... HYAH!|
Teachable in minutes, Outrider sets up fast and plays fast, while retaining a high level of customizable detail. Using a unique blend of dice, card, point allocation and press-your-luck mechanics, Outrider has creates a fun, engaging balance of tactics and risk. Outrider has attracted gamers from all walks of life. Hardcore wargamers, casual (gateway) gamers and kids of all ages are caught by its approachable mechanics and visual 'curb appeal.'
Designed with scalability in mind, Outrider supports 2-8 players, right out of the box. Game types can range from quick free-for-alls, using just the base deck at the coffee shop or they can be scenario-based, team games played with terrain and miniatures (in the form of 64th scale diecast cars). Beer and pretzels not included.
Fast and Furious.
The focus of Outrider is to keep the pace fast, the choices meaningful and the action fun! Most games take a hour. Even with six to eight players, the rounds are quick. The press-your-luck, programmable mechanics are designed to encourage bold maneuvers — at the risk of epic failure!
Spend more time playing and less time setting up. Players select their vehicles from a set of 16 chassis that represent a wide variety of vehicles, each with its own unique characteristics. Players then quickly customize (and arm) those vehicles to match their style of play, using a pool of four dice. The dice represent the engine, weapons, armor and driver of the vehicle.
Get Behind the Wheel.
Play is centered around a maneuver deck that allows the players to 'program' their action for a turn. Programmable actions include both movement and attacks - but players need to be careful: Their 'Riders may not be able to handle everything demanded of them, resulting in a possible loss of control.
[ READ THE BETA RULES HERE ]
Reviews and Previews:
"This game is potential competition for your X-Wing dollar." — Smashing Plastic
"I really like the programmable movement ... replayability is through the roof." — Pub Meeple Previews
"One of the coolest features of this game is the ability to play with actual 1/64th scale vehicles." — James Floyd Kelly, GeekDad.com
"The artwork and design of this game are fantastic." — Chris James, Casual Game Insider
"I like the balance ... I like the pre-game strategy." — Joshua Tumbry, Gamers on Games
"Do you like X-Wing? Do you like Mad Max? If your answer to both of those is 'yes,' then you're going to like Outrider, it's as simple as that." — Hunter Shelburne, Weapons Grade Tabletop
Preorder Outrider Today via PayPal
[ MERCENARY PRE-ORDER $40 ]
The MERCENARY boxed set of Outrider includes:
- One Set of 24 Vehicles & matching dashboards (12 double-sided cards, each) + 4 Exclusives, Including The Texicon "War Wagon" car with 'Texi' Kahn driver character
- 1 Deck of Maneuver Cards (now with Advanced Maneuvers added)
- 1 Range Ruler
- 1 Large Format Rules Reference Sheet, 2 Reference Cards and Quickplay 'Kickstart Rules'
- Resource/Tracking Tokens for 8 players
- 1 Initiative Tracker + Enough Vanity plate tokens & Gear Shifter Cards for 8 Players
- 12 Terrain Tiles from the Presidio County Roads set & four included scenarios cards
- 1 Rulebook
- 1 set of 4 Camo Green dice (D6, D8, D10, D12)
[ VETERAN PRE-ORDER $75 ]
In addition, the VETERAN pre-order set includes:
- An addtional Set of vehicles & dashboards + the VETERAN tier exclusive 'Outrider' chassis
- 1 Additional set of 12 Terrain Tiles from your choice of Presidio County Roads, Backroads or MotoRodeo sets
- Critical Damage Deck Expansion
- Performance Deck Expansion
- Large/XL Vehicles Expansion
- Urban Decay Expansion (Motorcycle, Pedestrian & Fortification rules)
- Black Gold & Cal-Sahara Campaign Expansions
Pre-orders are processed via PayPal and shipped in the order they are received. Published copies will start shipping in late 2015. Shipping costs are included for US buyers. Contact me at email@example.com if you wish to be invoiced for bundles, including multiple copies, add-on items and quotes for international shipping rates